For sale for a cause: Peony

For more detail on what I’m doing this year, read this post first.

If you get into lace knitting, sooner or later you have to try a Herbert Niebling. They’re intricate and very different than other lace styles. This shawl is an adaptation of one his designs by Hayley Tsang Sather. All-in-all, 10 different charts to follow and took me about 3 weeks to complete.

The yarn is a lace weight merino wool and silk blend that I bought in Massachusetts a couple of years ago. I really like how subtle the color variations are. Feels like “morning” to me.

If interested, please leave a comment. Minimum bid of $50. Don’t forget to mention the cause that you’d like the money to go towards! That’s the best part. 🙂

Advertisements

9 Comments Add yours

1. rr6584 says:

You are so talented. Every single item thou make is so lovely.

I want to see a counter or some type of dashboard widget on your site to see how much money has been donated.

Keep up the great work!

1. Judi Sohn says:

If you click on the main post I liked at the top, that’s where I keep the tally up to date. I’m up to $1,125 donated ($1,850 total with Salesforce matches). 🙂

2. Judi Sohn says:

And thank you. 🙂

2. Jennifer Kolodner says:

Judi, You are amazingly talented and generous! I have shared this with Michael’s mom who loves handcrafts of all types. Don’t be surprised if you hear from her. 🙂 All the best for a happy and healthy spring, Jen

Jennifer Kolodner jen@kolodner.com

1. Judi Sohn says:

Thank you so much!

3. Hi Judy. This is Jen’s mother-in-law writing. Your work is beautiful and I love your approach to philanthropy. Am I correct in understanding that the Peony is shades of light blue with some subtle purple and green intermixed? It is a bit difficult to tell from the picture. Also, could you provide a sense of the length? Thanks.
    Ellen

1. Judi Sohn says:

Thanks for asking, Ellen! Yes, that’s a good description of the color. The featured photo is close to accurate. I think it might even have more of a light green shade overall with shades of blue and purple mixed in. Depends on the light and where you’re looking. As for the size, it’s crescent shaped so a bit difficult to measure accurately – that said I just measured and it’s about 53” wide at its widest point and about 25” deep from neck edge to bottom. Let me know if you have any other questions!

4. Thanks for the prompt response-sorry to be late letting you know I saw it. The 25″ depth is the number I needed. I will measure some of my other pieces to get a sense of how it would fit me. I love the color and the design.