For Sale for a Cause: Windflower

If you want the background on what I’m doing, read this post first.

Okay, let’s see if this grand experiment will work. I’m offering up for sale a shawl I finished on January 16, 2018. It’s a pattern from Russian designer Alla Borisova. It’s a triangular shawl about 70″ at its longest length and 50″ at the sides.

The yarn is Manos del Uruguay Fino, 70% merino wool, 30% silk. Loved working with it. And I love the story of this yarn company.

Some more photos of the shawl, both finished and in progress:

I spent $57 on the yarn and it took my approximately 60 hours to complete. If you’re interested in buying this shawl in exchange for a donation to your favorite nonprofit (minimum $115, please), leave a comment with your bid. Tell me – and everyone else – about the organizations you support and are passionate about and why. One month from now, on February 21, I’ll close the post to future comments and will reach out the winning bidder to arrange details for shipping the shawl and the donation.

I’m going to donate 100% of what is paid, and will have Salesforce (my employer) match the gift.

Update 2/20: Bid of $200 to Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire. You have one week (until 2/27) to place a higher bid!

Thanks!

Advertisements

8 Comments Add yours

1. Tammy Silverthorne says:

I think this is a great idea, Judi! As a lover of nonprofits, Salesforce, and knitting, how could I not? Your knitting is beautiful, and I can appreciate that you enjoy doing it more than wearing it – I feel the same about mine! Love the challenge, appreciate the finished product, but enjoy the process more than anything. It’s my therapy. Thanks for sharing this side with those of us who know you as a Salesforce guru!

1. Judi Sohn says:

Thank you, Tammy!

> >

2. Jennifer Kolodner says:

Judi, I am amazed. First, by your skill, second by your generosity, third… nope, I’ve looped back around to your skill. I, too, am a knitter, but you are in another category entirely. Lace work takes so much patience (not to mention time) and it’s generally something I avoid. I love this whole concept and will be participating. Thank you for using your talents for such a good result.

1. Judi Sohn says:

Thank you, Jennifer!

3. Anita Chan says:

Hi Judy, Your idea is truly wonderful. I would like to bid $200 for Windflower in honor of Ms. Frumie Selchen, the retiring Executive Director of Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire. Frumie is tireless in advocating for and bringing arts to northern New Hampshire, where many communities are rural do not have easy access to performing arts. I was struck by Frumie’s passion to bring diverse artists to the audience, many of whom are children and young adults. Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire is a 501c3 organization and their website is http://www.aannh.org.
    Anita

4. Judi Sohn says:

Fabulous, Anita thank you!!!! I will leave this for one week and if there are no further bids, I will close and we can talk offline about the details. This sounds like an amazing organization I will be proud to help you support.