From Five Sure Signs Your Print Newsletter Is Really Boring:
1) The Letter from the Executive Director is on the cover or takes up a whole page.
2) Youre talking about stuff that happened months ago.
3) The photos are all grip-and-grins and fig-leaf lineups.
4) The word You is rarely used.
5) Youve reduced the type size to make everything fit.
I can honestly say that our newsletter doesn’t do any of those things. Folks say it’s pretty good for a nonprofit newsletter about colorectal cancer advocacy.
What do you think? Here’s our most recent issue (Spring 2008 is at the printer now)