AppleInsider says that Apple is replacing the MagSafe connectors found on MacBook Pros with something that won’t cause the problems found with the current design. Notably, the cable that attaches to the magnetic clip can get melted and frayed. Serious fire hazard.
I read about this issue with the MagSafe connectors before I got my MacBook Pro last November. So I am very, very, very careful to only remove the connector from the computer by grasping the plug (not the cable) and gently lifting upwards to break the magnetic seal. It still looks brand new.
Unfortunately, my battery, well…sucks. It’s nearly half dead.
I can’t get more than 2 hours on it under the best conditions. I’m putting off replacing it until it’s under 20%.