Before I try and sell the computer on eBay, I thought I’d offer it up here. I’ve wiped the drive and I’m reinstalling OS X on it as I type.
- PowerMac G5, dual 2 Ghz (circa Summer 2003)
- 2 GB RAM
- ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video card with 64MB SDRAM
- 160 GB hard drive 7200 RPM
- SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
- Three open full-length PCI-X slots: one 133MHz, 64-bit slot and two 100MHz, 64-bit slots
- One FireWire 800 port, two FireWire 400 ports (one on front); three USB 2.0 ports (one on front), two USB 1.1 ports (on keyboard); AGP 8X Pro slot with graphics card installed, including ADC connector and DVI connector
No display, no mouse or keyboard (I’m keeping those). It came with Jaguar (OS X 10.2). However, I’ve installed Panther (OS X 10.3) on it, and I’m also including a Tiger (OS X 10.4) DVD. I’m also throwing in an iSight camera (no need for it now that my MacBook Pro has one built-in), and a pair of JBL Duet speakers.
I’m shooting to get at least $800-1000, not including shipping (unless I get on the higher end of that and then I’ll consider it). Comment if you’re interested and I’ll reply via email.
Update: The PowerMac has been spoken for, so comments on this entry are now closed.